In contests, we provide up to six auditions/proposals for our clients to choose from.
Contests are for our clients who may be unsure of what they want and would like to have several options before choosing one. The process to submit a contest project is as follows:
- Our client fills out the project form with the details of what they need.
- Our algorithm uses the information provided by our client and additional data including Pros’ stats, availability, rates, etc. to determine the matching Pros to work on the project.
- We email the matching Pros with the invitation in batches. The first 3 users to accept the project will get the chance to participate, and the project will be closed. Available projects also appear in the "Your Projects" section of your dashboard.
- Our Quality Control team reviews the files. If the submission is approved, the payment for said deliverable will be scheduled, and the file will be sent to our client. If the submission is rejected, the slot will become available again, and the system will send a reminder to the Pros who decided they wanted to know if this happened. Our system may also invite more matching Pros to fill in the remaining slot.
- Our client will review the auditions/proposals. Here, they have 2 options:
- Pick a winner out of the 3 auditions/proposals they receive.
- Choose to receive 3 additional auditions/proposals. This usually happens when our client is not satisfied with the initial deliveries and would like to check more options.
- Once we have a winning audition/proposal, the winning Pro will be asked to submit the final deliverable. Our quality control team will review this deliverable and can either approve it or request revisions. Once the submission is approved, the payment for the deliverable will be scheduled, and the recording will be sent to our client.
- Our client will review the deliverable and can either accept, reject the delivery, or request unlimited revisions.
How long do I have to deliver an audition/proposal?
For voice-over contest auditions, you will have between 25 and 30 minutes to deliver depending on the length of the auditioning script. The timing you have will be provided in the acceptance page. Keep in mind this is the same time provided to deliver a revision from Quality Control.
For writing contest proposals, you will have about 3 hours on average to deliver, depending on the length of the entire project. The timing you have will be provided in the acceptance page. Keep in mind this is the same time provided to deliver a revision from Quality Control.
How long are Contest auditions/proposals?
For voice-over, Contest auditions are no longer than 100 words.
For writing, it depends on the length of the project. The proposal has to be exactly 40% of the final project’s word count.
(For Voice) I was recording the auditioning script but the last sentence is incomplete, what can I do?
For contests, our system adds the first 100 words to the auditioning script automatically when our client doesn't have a specific script they want to use for this part. This can sometimes cause the last sentence to be cut short. For these cases, you can read right until that word or go a bit further to close the sentence. Please make sure you don't read more or less than that.
(For Voice) Can I deliver the full script in an audition?
No. For auditions, we only need you to deliver the area included in the auditioning script. Keep in mind the payment provided is only for a small section.
(For Voice) If the project needs sync, do I have to sync the auditioning script?
No, for the auditioning script it is not necessary to sync the deliverable. You will need to sync it once you've been selected as the winner.
If I'm not chosen as the winner of a contest, will this impact my stats?
Every contest audition that you win or not will be added to your stats. We understand that there are going to be projects where you're not chosen, however, we expect the winning auditions ratio to be high. For this reason, we suggest you be quite selective with the projects you participate in to ensure you have the highest chances of winning the project and increase your contest stats.
How long do I have to deliver after being chosen as the winner of a contest?
You have 24 hours after being chosen as the winner to deliver the final file. If this timing is not enough, please let us know right away by raising a flag on the project or emailing us at email@example.com.
I’ve participated in a lot of Backup Contests but most of them don’t show on my stats, is this OK?
Yes. Backup Contests will only be counted on your stats if a winner is chosen for said project. We believe it’s not fair to impact your stats calculation if the project will not be completed for which we will only add it once a winner has been chosen.