Taxes will be handled differently depending on where you're located. If you withdraw your money via bank wire or Payoneer- (Does not apply to PayPal).
If you're a citizen in the U.S.
- We will issue a 1099 form at the end of the year if withdraw your money via bank wire or Payoneer. This form will be sent to you via mail. It will encompass everything you need to report for this income.
- If you withdraw via bank wire and Payoneer, you will also be asked to fill in a W9 form before processing the transfer. This is a mandatory requirement for all US citizens before we issue any payments. This will not be required if you withdraw via PayPal.
- Here is the link to the W9 form for your reference: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- If you receive your payments through PayPal, we won't issue a 1099 form to avoid duplication by the IRS. This is a specific request from the IRS. Should we issue a 1099 form for these payments, a double amount of taxes might be incurred. This is because platforms like these also report payments via 1099 forms as well.
- We suggest Pros to contact PayPal to understand how they work on this front. They should be able to provide you with all the necessary information you require.
If you are not a U.S. citizen
- If you withdraw your funds via bank wire and Payoneer, we will ask you to fill out a W-8BEN or W-8BEN-e*. You will only have to fill this form once you ask to receive a payment from Bunny Studio for the first time. The form will be sent via email before we process the transaction, and we will only proceed with the transfer once we've confirmed the reception of the said document.
- Keep in mind all non-us citizens will be asked to fill in this form if you withdraw via Payoneer or bank wire. For PayPal transfers, this form is not necessary.
- Here is the link to the PDF of the W-8BEN for your reference:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
- For more information about what the IRS requires, see this link: http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1099msc/ar02.html
*Note: Form W-8BEN is used by foreign individuals who receive nonbusiness income in the United States, whereas W-8BEN-E is used by foreign entities who receive this type of income.